Friday, April 27, 2012

Thursday evening after the rain

It rained yesterday!

I know many of you are probably thinking, "So, what's the big deal?" But, any rain that falls this time of year here in very southern, Southern California could be the last rain until November. Eight months without rain! Heaven to some of you, I'm sure. But I love the rain and hate to see the end of it. So, when I got home from work today, I went out to record the aftermath of this latest spring storm. It just might be the last rain we'll see for a long time!

Rain dripping from the patio roof, down those rain chains of Glenn's, into a copper bucket.  I'll use it to water plants next week.
I never get tired of the view out our backyard.


Dogs grazing.  What a peaceful sight. (Ahem.  I feed them.  I swear!)


Good advice.  Hard to follow.


 
If everything works out right, at about the time the rain stops for the year, our woodpile will have shrunk enough that we can clean up the cart, restack what's left,  and fill it back up again before wood prices go up in the fall.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Great post! I hear you on the rain...When we get a long dry spell, I can't wait for a rainy day! I hate to see the trees and plants suffering through a drought!

And you definitely have one FABULOUS view from your yard....