Monday, April 30, 2012

Forgot my camera!

This past weekend, I flew up and over to Reno, Nevada to visit friends.  40 years ago this November, I spent a year in Italy, first living with my brother and his family, then with an American family.  I started out as a au pair, who the family quickly began treating as another family member -- sort of a daughter in a family with three boys.  When I came back to the States, we stayed in touch and I visited them a few times.  Then, as often happens with busy lives all around, we lost touch with each other until recently, when the mom of the family took a chance on mailing a note to the last address she had for me.  We quickly made plans for me to fly up for a visit and the last 40 years fell away as if they had never existed. 

I can't believe I left my good camera at home.  The iPhone is a poor substitute, but better than nothing!  No people shots, but here are some nice views of the pretty scenery around Reno.  I think I want to move there!

Definitely not Southern California!
Mt. Rose.




Shadows
I want this house.

Mallards that call the backyard pond home, at least part time.
My ride home this morning. 

This past weekend made me think of this saying:  "No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth."   Robert Southey knew what he was talking about!

 
Regular Darby and Pumpkin programming will resume tomorrow!  

1 comment:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

True friends are the ones you can just connect with and keep going. Love those kinds of get togethers.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy