Thursday, August 1, 2013

Patience

Knitting takes patience. 

I've knitted this much of this scarf three times.  

Once when I realized (I'm a slow learner) that it wasn't turning out with the clearly defined stripes the pattern showed.  A second time when I followed the directions correctly and the stripes were clearly defined but I didn't like the look of the stripes or the feel of the fabric. 

And, a third time when I went back to my original mistake and I love the look and the feel of it. 
 

Glenn couldn't believe that I ripped out all that work -- twice!  No one in my family and few of my friends would describe me as a patient person. 
 
But, Darby?  Darby is the very canine-ification of patience. 



2 comments:

Francesca said...

i too am very patient when it comes to knitting and gardening. one day, i'm sure, all that patience will translate to other areas as well :)
lovely colors and scarf!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Love those colours.

We have a friend who knits three rows and pulls out four!

SHE doesn't even try anymore.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy