Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I missed this mug

I missed this mug:
I've been away visiting relatives in Michigan since Friday and scheduled several posts so I could keep up with the "Daily" thing. It's coming up on a year since I started this blog and while I haven't remained true to "daily," I have tried.

No corgi sightings in the Detroit, Hamtramck, Dearborn, or Frankenmuth, Michigan areas. We did, however, see a surprising amount of roadkill on the way from Dearborn to Frankenmuth. Couldn't tell just what the critters were, although muskrat was the general belief.

It was fun to see my Aunt (the last of my 12 aunts and uncles; 90 years old, looks 75 and gets around incredibly well for someone who suffered a stroke a few years ago) and several of my cousins, go to Mass in the beautiful church where my parents were married and my sister and I were baptised, eat good Polish food and see the Michigan countryside in the spring.

And, it is good to be back home, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Darby's human!
It's me Buddy! Loved your blogs. Fooled me! Didn't even know you were gone.
Family! There's nothing like it!

Luv,
Buddy

betty said...

didn't know you were gone either! sounds like a great trip! did we talk about this before? are you Polish? I'm all Polish, through and through.

your aunt sounds like a gem of a woman. My mom was the only one left of 10 siblings when she passed 3-1/2 years ago

welcome home! I know Darby was glad to see you (and Bonnie too :)

betty

Boo21's Mom said...

Ha! I fooled you! (-:

Yup, Betty. I'm Polish...but only on my mom's side. I think we might have talked about it. Pierogi! Yum! My Aunt (the 90 year old!) made about 10 dozen for the family party my cousin threw for my sister and me.