Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Her bags are packed

Darby's bags are packed.



Glenn and I are going to my brother's funeral at Arlington National Cemetery and Darby has to stay behind.  She will be staying at the "Bed and Biscuit" Inn portion of the facility where we are taking the beginning agility confidence classes and where we took our puppy classes, so at least she will be familiar with the setting and the people.   It makes me sad to think she will think I'm gone forever!  But, she will be in a nice, home setting with people who really, really like dogs and will be with her 24/7.   (She could even sleep on the bed, if we allowed that!!) 

I hope she remembers me when we get back!  I wore a t-shirt to bed last night and I stuffed it in with her bedding, so she can sleep with it and remember me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Like when you use to spray clover with your perfume to send with me to Kindergarten so I could smell you if I got sad and missed you during nap time :)

Boo21's Mom said...

Yup! Just like that!

betty said...

I'm so sorry about your brother's passing :(

Darby will remember you! she might put for a day or two, but she will be sooooo excited to see you when you come to pick her up; sounds like she's staying at a cool place too!

betty

Sammy said...

So sorry to hear about your brother. I hope your trip will be safe and your return will have Darby all in smiles.

Hugs and kisses from Sammy,

Leda