Thursday, October 29, 2009

Need new material

I don't know about you, but I'm getting a little tired of the tennis ball shots. But, it is hard to get a photo of Darby doing something that doesn't involve a tennis ball. So here, for the sake of little variety, is a photo of Darby, a tennis ball and lovely leaf!



Darby and I are signed up for an "Agility Confidence" class on Sunday mornings for six weeks. It is a low-key, not-too-strenuous-for-puppy-legs, fun class. I just hope it is Darby that has to do all the crawling through hoops and not me!

Maybe the class will give me some new photographic material! That is, if I remember to pull out the camera!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Darby! It's me Buddy,
I really admire your will-power! I would have chewed up that leaf. My person thought we had to wait until I was a year old to do agility. Let me know how it goes. I think I get enough exercise but you-know-who thinks I need more!
Luv,
Buddy

Boo21's Mom said...

I'd heard that, too, Buddy, so I asked the teacher when she suggested that Darby and I might like this class. She said this is a beginning class totally appropriate for puppies of any age. She said competitive agility shouldn't start until a dog is two years old. She thinks this sort of "work" teaches both the dog and the human confidence and grace (I can use some grace!) and fosters trust and communication between dog and human. She's been teaching the class for ten years and never had a puppy or dog injured in any way. So, we're going to give it a try! Neither of us gets enough exercise, I think this will be good for us. You're lucky that your human takes you out for long walks and runs. By the time I get home from work and cook dinner, Darbs is lucky to get a walk around the block! Even though I jokingly complain about her tennis ball obsession, I am really happy for it because it makes it very easy for me to give her a good bit of exercise on days I can't take her for a walk.

betty said...

that agility class sounds like fun!! I never get tired of looking at Darby's pictures :)

let us know how it goes with the classes; Koda is sooooo antisocial around other dogs we can't participate in things like this

betty