Thursday, May 7, 2009

Darius Rucker


I thought about Darius Rucker last night. At about 3:45 after taking Darby downstairs and out to the backyard for the second time, a lyric from the current "Daddy/Daughter Dance" song sung by Darius Rucker that Erika wants for her wedding this fall, kept running through my head:

"It won't be like this for long..."


Actually, it was a very good first night. Leda, Darby's first human mom, and Erika convinced me to leave the cute dog bed for later when Darby is reliably house broken and have her sleep in her crate.

Leda suggested that Darby might have a hard time going back into her crate after having spent so much time in it on her flight here.

But, she went right in and after a few initial whines and a bark or two, she went to sleep.

She slept for two hours the first time, then after having a nice poop in the backyard, slept for another four hours. Not bad for a baby!

She seems to love the grass. She chased me all over and after she goes out to "do her business" she stretches out long in her Corgi Sprawl and lays in the grass.

In the house, she follows me around and lays down wherever I am.

It won't be like this for long--I'm going to enjoy every minute!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ok, that puppy is seriously adorable! I bet you are having tons of fun with her!!!

~Amy Vowles