Friday, October 21, 2011

Zoomies*

Tomorrow is my last day of leave.  I'm feeling physically well enough to go back to work, but I'm feeling a little sad about it, too.  I'm gonna like being retired when the time comes!

I think I mentioned that one of the good things about having been home this last month was being able to wander around in the backyard taking photos of my dog-girls and whatever else struck my fancy.  It was good for me to be up and moving around and my camera weighs way less than the 10 pound lifting limit I still have imposed on me, so it was a good activity for me.

It was especially fun watching the girls doing zoomies around the backyard.  Like this:

 
 

When the girls are doing zoomies, it's a good thing.  When I am doing zoomies, it isn't such a good thing at all.  Now that this slow, gentle recuperating time is coming to an end and I'll be going back into the rat-race, I'm promising myself to avoid zoomies and zoomie inducing situations, to slow down, worry less and enjoy everyday life more.  Even traffic.   

*I stole the title of this post from Sarge and Daisy, Kendra and Bella who use the word "zoomies" a lot.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

I hear you on the traffic thing! It is the single biggest stress inducer I have! The traffic here is horrendous (DC was just deemed the worst in the nation!), although when my office moved locations, my commute did improve significantly, thank goodness!

"Zoomies" is a super-popular term in the agility world. Young, green dogs get the zoomies in the agility ring their first few times out! It's a sign of stress :-) Even our dog friends suffer from it!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We dogs know how much peeps love watching us do zoomies.... that's one reason we do them.

Don't worry we borrowed zoomies from other blogs. (We're not really original thinkers.)

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella