Saturday, October 22, 2011

A whirlwind at my feet

First, let me say: please ignore the grubby walls you are about to see.

Often, when I am sitting at the desk where we have the computer, the dog-girls curl up on the dog bed under the desk. Sometimes,  one of them will claim the dog bed and snap at the other to keep her from getting on the bed, too. Sometimes, like right now. Pumpkin will be sleeping on the landing just outside the room and Darby will be sleeping under the desk. It varies depending on their moods and how warm or cool the house is, I suppose.

Yesterday evening they were both on the dog bed under the desk, but they weren't sleeping! They were playing.

It was like a whirlwind under there!


That looks worse than it was!


Now, back to those grubby walls.  They don't show up too badly in these photos, but in real life, they are quite bad.  I've spent a good bit of time using Mr. Clean eraser pads on the walls and I think I am about to rub off the top layer of paint!  Arrggghh!  I guess that what you get when your two dogs routinely wrassle in a confined space and they look and sound like they are having so much fun (in spite of the display of teeth!) that you don't have the heart to stop them!

6 comments:

Lois said...

And I've kept the chairs in my kitchen that many a corgi puppy has teethed on too...ah well :-)

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

All our walls are grubby around the bottom..don't worry.

What a great shot of Darby's attack. Gave us a big laugh.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Becky said...

You shouldn't worry! I don't see any grubby walls! They look great to me!
At our house, I have selective vision when it comes to grubby walls, loose dog hair under the chairs and dirty paw prints! Your girls are so corgi cute!

Scooter said...

Hey Darby & Pumpkin!
Wow, what a great, fun romp you had there! Love the bitey face pix...lots of us do that when we play together. I always make sure our nice wooden floors are totally covered with Sarge Fur and dust. I look at this as part of our jobs. Gotta bring nature into the house! BOL
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Brigid said...

I work for a cleaning service. I have a client who also lives out in the country and has very active dogs that are always messing up the walls. They deal with it by hiring me clean it for them, but despite thieves and erasing sponges, I can't prevent the dogs from messing the walls. (and I've officially allocated 30 minutes to the job) So I look at those smudges and see job security.

Boo21's Mom said...

Thanks for the fun comment. Brigid, I especially appreciate your comment. Will you come clean my house?? It would NEVER in a million years occur to our cleaning person to try to clean the walls. I'm actually thinking of asking Glenn to line the area under the desk with corrugated aluminum. He used it as wainscoting in the restroom at his shop and it looks great.