Sunday, February 20, 2011

Home

We were only gone 8 days, but there are noticeable changes here at home.

Blossoms on the nectarine tree. (This year I will remember to remove some of the hundreds and hundreds of tiny fruit early on so the remaining fruit can grow properly.)

One of the succulents that was part of table decorations at Erika's wedding.

Daffodils!  Planted the year we moved into this house--1997.

The Lil' Shitski seeing what yummy edible she might be able to grab from my stock tank garden.  She does not like rosemary, thyme, lettuce or onions.  She (and Darby and Bonnie) destroyed my green pepper plants, snow pea vines, beet greens (before they could become beets) and several other things I can't remember now.



The alder tree did not have but the fewest leaves on it when we left.  Look at it now!

The cottonwood is still bare.  I wonder if that bird's nest will get used again this year?  We've had some tremendous winds over the last few months.  Whomever built that nest did a good job.


Some things never change:

4 comments:

Elizabeth Keene said...

So pretty. I can see my Dogwood tree bursting with buds out my office window; won't be too long for us either.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Beautiful pictures and what wonderful surprises for you when you got home.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Amy said...

Great pictures, Melissa!

Life With Corgis said...

So jealous that Spring is already coming your way! We have snow on the ground - boo!