Monday, December 7, 2009

Rain doesn't dampen (ahem!) the obsession


 
 
 

And, back out after the ball again...
 

This is Darby's first experience with real rain--we've only had drizzles or short cloud bursts since she came to live with us last May.  This morning, she trotted right out and "did her business" only once or twice looking upward seemingly wondering at the wet stuff falling on her.

Then, she ran to the potting bench and waited until I threw the ball.  I stood inside the back door and under the patio cover and threw for a good half hour.  She was a little slower than normal coming back--stopping lots of times to smell the ground.  Maybe the rain is releasing old, good smells. But, she was still ready for more when I got tired of it and brought her in.

So, the rain hasn't dampened her obsession with the ball.  If the weather people are right and this El Nino will bring us lots of rain, looks like I'm going to have to stock up on Sham Wows!  

1 comment:

betty said...

how cute! I hope she always likes to go outside in the rain and take care of her business! thankfully you have an overhang you can stand under to throw the ball to her! Koda looked outside when I opened the door and then looked at me like "you are crazy, I'm not going out there". I picked him up and put him on the grass and he glared at me as he took care of things. We got tons of rain, how about you?

betty