Monday, October 15, 2012

New York water towers -- No Corgi Content

A few months ago, I watched a History Channel (?) show about a company that makes water towers used in New York City to maintain water pressure for the buildings.   When, on our first evening there, I started noticing the towers, I wished I had paid more attention to the show!

Here are just some of the many, many towers.  (Most of the photos were taken from the top deck of the Hop-On-And Off buses we used to tour the city, so forgive the awkward angles!)








View from our room in the Tryp Hotel in the Garment District.

4 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Never noticed the water towers when in NYC. Very interesting.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Lois said...

Well shoot, who knew ? I had no idea they had to do with water pressure...

Anonymous said...

Petticoat Junction in NYC!

Boo21's Mom said...

I love the towers! Once I started noticing them, I saw them everywhere! Anonymous -- your comment made me chuckle out loud!