Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Simply Ten Good Things -- again

1.    It feels like Christmas time here in very southern, Southern California.

2.    We made it through the Fall fire season without a fire.

3.    Christmas decorations.
 

4.    We're not getting a Christmas tree this year and I am OK with that.  Years ago, I couldn't have imagined such a thing!

5.    The son of a dear friend of mine has started his own organic vegetable farm. Check it out here.  Tonight, I had a salad of red leaf, green leaf and butter lettuce fresh from the farm.  YUM!  And, no pesticides!

6.    Last January, I started a "what we had for dinner" diary of sorts, taking off on an idea I saw on a blog somewhere.  I've kept it up faithfully and plan to do so again next year.  I'm hoping the little box of cards will help me meal plan better next year. 

7.    My Christmas Cactus is blooming.

8.    More Christmas decorations. 


9.    The Bailey-Butt will be going to live with Erika!

10.  My dog girls. 
 
I love my dog girls.

5 comments:

Becky said...

It looks like you've had a wonderful year and looking forward to another!
"It's being to look a lot like Christmas!"

Becky said...

I give up! It really is BEGINNING to look a lot like Christmas! Maybe Santa Claus will bring me typing lessons! Have a happy day!

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We're not putting up a tree either--using Roxy as an excuse--but we're just slack.

We have our first....ever....yes...ever cherry tomato ready to pick. Boy, is SHE excited.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra, Bella & Roxy

Scooter said...

Wow, great list! Glad you are leaving the trees in the woods...that's what we do too. I like that bloomin' cactus!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Boo21's Mom said...

Becky -- those fingers of ours sometimes have a mind of their own, don't they?! Daisy and Co., I don't blame HER for being excited about a homegrown tomato. They are what is eaten in heaven, in my opinion. Sarge, thanks for the compliment on the cactus. This is its 4th year with me -- I haven't killed it yet!