I like the idea of listing ten good things about life -- the way Amanda Soule does on her blog periodically. It makes me stop and think about -- and therefore savor -- things that I might take for granted.
Today, I've been thinking of all the good things about having been home on medical leave these last four weeks -- the fact that I go back to work this coming Monday is surely what prompted this thinking!
So, here are Ten Good Things I'm Going to Miss When I Go Back to Work:
1. Leisurely enjoying a cup of coffee every morning, not just Saturday and Sunday.
2. Having time to wander in the backyard and take photos at all times during the day.
3. Making lunch and having my dog-girls sit under/next to my chair while I eat it.
4. Extra knitting time (with my dog-girls sitting under/next to my chair.)
5. Talking with Erika without the three hour time difference getting in the way.
6. Sitting in the sun watching the girls chase lizards.
7. Taking naps. I never used to be a napper and doubt I will turn it into a habit when I retire some day, but the freedom to take a nap if the mood strikes, seems like a real luxury.
8. Being around my dog-girls all day long.
9. Reading. For long periods of time, without falling asleep after the first couple of pages (as usually happens to me when I read in bed at the end of the day!)
10. Not rushing out the door in the morning and slogging through traffic to work and on the way home.
I've promised myself to list the 10 good things about going to work, too.
At the moment I can't think of more than one -- the paycheck! -- but, I'm sure once I'm back in the swing of things the list will grow!