Sunday, June 7, 2009

The shortest path isn't necessarily the best

The shortest path isn't necessarily the best path--at least not for a corgi puppy early in the morning when the grass is wet from the sprinklers, or late in the evening when it is wet with dew.

On those occasions Darby uses the stone paths whenever she can.

I wish I had had my camera with me this morning, although I still may not have been able to record what made me laugh out loud.

Each time I threw the ball for Darby, she ran out across the tall, wet grass to get the ball, then to bring the ball back to me, she ran over to the stone path followed it to the fork, turned to her right and followed the other path until she got as close to me as she could without having to walk through the grass!

I guess when you're that low to the ground, you'll do a lot to avoid tall, wet grass!


(photo taken nearly 4 weeks ago.)

No comments: