Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Grooming

Poor Harry. He is always just a little unkempt.

Our first cat, Buster, was a lovely, dignified grey and white "Tuxedo" cat who spent hours every day grooming his wonderful coat.  There was never a hair out of place and his white "shirt" was as white as can be.

Harry is nothing like Buster in that regard.  Harry is a slob.  Oscar Madison to Buster's Felix Unger.  

I've seen Harry grooming himself maybe 20 times in all his 10 years. It's such a rare occurrence that when I saw him doing it yesterday evening, I ran for my camera and managed to catch this shot:

If you know cats, you'll recognize that as a typical grooming pose. 

As I said, Harry doesn't groom himself very often, and something tells me that after yesterday he won't be doing it again anytime soon:
 
Poor Harry!  Takes so much abuse from the dog-girls.  At least now he has an excuse for being a slob!

1 comment:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Heeheehee, Way to Go Girls! Maybe they're just pointing out spots he missed.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy