Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sleeping late

I can hardly believe it! We slept in until almost 7:00 am on Saturday.  That is unheard of in our house ever since Darby came to live with us.   Even before Darby came to live with us, we were almost always up by 6:30 or 7:00 on weekends and usually I was up not long after the sun came up.   But ever since the girls have come to live with us, I've been getting up when their bladders tell them it is time, and usually that is a lot earlier than 6:45!  Usually it is early enough to watch the sun come up. 

But, on Saturday the sun was already up when we headed out the back door.  It was a pretty morning.


 

I had a nice afternoon, too. Reading and continuing to recuperate on the sofa with a good book and a good foot warmer dog. (Pumpkin was stretched out on the floor next to me.)
Next week I'm going to have to start weaning myself off my afternoon reading/napping routine.  Either that or bring a cot with me to work when I go back the following week!

2 comments:

Lois said...

Always love to check in...pretty place, pretty home, pretty pictures, dogs and life ! Thanks for sharing...My dogs do paths too :-)

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

You should be sitting out in that beautiful afternoon, reading!

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

That's what SHE did.