Sunday, September 18, 2011

In and Outside Sunday Morning

I love morning light at any time of year, but especially now.
North Carolina leaves rubbed by my grand-niece.  (The older nieces are pretty grand, too.)
Zinnias from my garden are offering up bouquets like this almost daily now!
Not the best photo, but I like something about the light.
One Who Feeds Us, you should have wiped the sleep from my eyes before you took the photo.
Smitten as I am with Pumpkin's coloring, I sometimes forget how really lovely Darby's coat is.
Like both photos, so I included both.  It IS my blog, after all. 
Sedum Autumn Joy from a cutting given to me by a friend several years ago.
One of several varieties of zinnia.
Basil thriving still! in the shade of tall, leafy zinnias and in companionship with bug-repelling marigolds.
Spinach thriving still! in the shade of rosemary and in companionship with marigolds.
Leaves changing.
Their tail-curls are so different.  Pumpkins always makes me think of a lightening bold, or an Aztec god.
Please ignore dust on the candle stick bases.

2 comments:

Becky said...

The pictures are so "Sunday!" Exactly how peaceful and beautiful it should be! Lucky you!

Francesca said...

what a sweet letter from your niece!