Monday, August 15, 2011

Pets on Furniture a la Desire to Inspire

Kim, over at Desire to Inspire, runs a regular "Pets on Furniture" post every Monday featuring, you guessed it! pets on furniture!   Bonnie, Pumpkin, Darby and Harry have all made the cut in the past 18 months.  Knowing the criteria Kim sets out for the photos, I never expected her to post the two photos of Pumpkin that I sent her on Saturday.

While I never expected her to post the photos, I did think she would enjoy the little play on the name of her posts that I wrote in my email subject line: "Pets on Patio Furniture."  It turns out Kim thinks Pumpkin is just too cute for her not to post the photos, so she is ignoring her own rules!  Head on over there later today and take a look -- she'll be  publishing "Pets on Furniture" this morning.  While you're there, take a good look around the whole blog.  It is a wonderful design blog full of lots of ideas and lots of beautiful spaces. 

The idea of pets on furniture got me to looking around in my old photos for other examples.  Here are just a few of my favorites:













In photos,  as in many things, "favorite" often has nothing to do with "great" or even "good."  Sometimes a photo is a favorite because of the memory it brings to mind or the feeling it still manages to invoke.

2 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Pets BELONG ON furniture! Loved the photos and understand about the memories they bring back.

XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra & Bella

Scooter said...

Wow, I don't know why peeps get all bent outa shape when we get on the furniture. I mean, once we get it all hairy, there's no reason to bother cleaning it anymore. Isn't that a help? Great pix of everyone being all comfy!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP