Monday, November 29, 2010

Puppy Proofing

Until the Pumpkin-girl came to live with us, I didn't fully appreciate what a really good little dog my Darby is.  I never did much puppy-proofing and still, Darby never really got in any trouble.  She didn't eat things, or break things and to this day, she doesn't jump on anything other than the sofa (and sometimes people--we're still working on that!) 

But the same cannot be said for Pumpkin.



While we were sitting around the dining room table enjoying our Thanksgiving dinner, the girls were playing outside.  My niece looked out the window at one point and asked "Is it OK that Pumpkin is on the table?

I rushed to the door, and sure enough, there the Lil' Shitski was: smack dab in the middle of the table.

She must have jumped up on that barrel against which she is so cutely posing in the above photo, then jumped (gasp) from there to the table.

I was horrified by the possibility of her falling off the table, so I opened the door v-e-r-y  s-l-o-w-l-y, but before I could step outside she JUMPED OFF!   Sailed through the air looking for all the world like a large flying squirrel.  With Dumbo ears.*  

She landed and ran around me in circles, totally fine and totally unaware that I was calming myself with yoga breathing.

We moved the barrel.




* Come to think of it, her ears probably acted like parachutes.

1 comment:

Sammy said...

Hey Pumpkin,

Isn't today your 6 month birthday? If so, Happy Birthday, and stop scaring your human so much. From all of your antics, I bet you will be really good in agility.

Love,

Your cousin Sammy