Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Good stink

WHAT is it with dogs and stinky smells? I've only seen Darby get down and rub her shoulder and back into something wonderfully smelly one time, but Bonnie loved smelly things and rolled in them a couple of times a week.

Seems like Pumpkin might like stinky smells, too!

Here is just a small sample of the photos I snapped while she rubbed around in something wonderful.
What?

When she was FINALLY finished, I looked carefully for whatever it was she was rolling in and couldn't see anything. Then, I actually took a whiff of my hands after rubbing them on her back and couldn't smell anything. Leda suggested it could have been an earthworm or a segment of one--her gang likes them.

Whatever it was, Pumpkin sure did enjoy it!

5 comments:

Taryn said...

Fun pictures! Jimmy especially enjoys rolling in dead, gelatinous mice and deer pee. Lovely smells!

In case you don't follow Janet's blog (she has Wilson's brother Spencer), check out her blog (http://liveswithcorgi.blogspot.com/) for the 2nd annual Cardi-Claus holiday ornament/gift exchange. We all had lots of fun posting about our packages last year.

Peanut said...

Peanut does that when there is water in his ear, but I am not so sure about pumpkin!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! Not Buddy! He always ends up with something smelly on him.
She's such a cute puppy! Lucky you!

Buddy's person

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words on my weight loss. And I love that word "svelte". My person says it means slender and graceful. I definitely think it fits!
xoxoxo
Buddy
Hi! It's me Buddy's person, I hope you don't mind I visited the link above. I love seeing other corgis. I thought the Cardi Claus was such a cute idea. We'd like to sign up!
You think that would be okay?

Becky

Boo21's Mom said...

Hey, Becky. I'm sure it would be great if you signed up. If for some reason Taryn meant that info just for me, she would have sent it to my email. It sounds like all Cardis are welcome!