Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Different kinds of moms

When Erika was born, I was 31 years old. Old enough to know how scary this wonderful world can sometimes be; how quickly everything can go terribly wrong. I often think I would have been a different mother -- a much more carefree and playful one -- if I had given birth to her when I was 18 years old and didn't know so much about life.

Erika was just 20 years old when Bonnie came to live with her. If these photos are any indication, I think Bonnie got a real carefree and playful mom.





I stood at the bottom of the slide snapping photos and praying that the slide didn't break, Erika's tennis shoes didn't "grab" the slide stopping her suddenly and sending Bonnie flying out of her arms, that they didn't fly off the end of the slide and land on their tailbones, etc., etc., etc.

1 comment:

Heidi Malott said...

aww, too cute! Oh yes, I can relate. My husband was great at balancing that out in our kid's lives. He is always carefree and I am always thinking, oh dear, but what if...It has worn off on me over the years or maybe it's just the years. This time around I am much more carefree with number 4.

Have a great day. btw, your daughter and Bonnie are beautiful!