Monday, September 27, 2010

Cross your fingers

Would you cross your fingers and keep them crossed that on Friday morning the forecasted temperature in Dallas is 85 or below?  That means that Bonnie can safely change planes in Dallas on her way home to Erika and Christian (and Rocco!  I'll be there with my camera to record their introduction!)  I wish Bonnie could ride in the cabin with me; she is one dog who would do that very, very well. 

Forecast for
Dallas, TX

Fri
Oct 1
Sunny
Sunny
83°
62°


I've know since December when Erika left Bonnie with me that she would have to go home.  But, I didn't realize how hard it would be for me to let her go.  I thought that having Darby would make it almost not matter.  But, that's not the case.  I am really going to miss her! I'm looking forward to the fun of an older puppy--Pumpkin will be 5 months old by the time I get her.  But, I'm still going to miss my sweet Bon-Bon granddaughter dog. 

Wasn't she a cute puppy?

6 comments:

Taryn said...

Good luck flying with Bonnie! I'll be in Fredericksburg on Sat Oct 2nd for an agility trial. Come on down to the Fredericksburg Fairgrounds and see us run :-)

Boo21's Mom said...

Taryn, how fun! We just might do that! If I recognize your boys, I'll come introduce us.

Taryn said...

I shouldn't be hard too find as I am usually the only person running a Cardigan. And Jimmy's all black face is a dead give-away!

It's a morning event, getting started at 8:30....I have a feeling you will be a bit jet-lagged at that hour :-) I have runs around 10 and 12 as well.

Sammy said...

Sammy here,

Just checked the forecast for Friday at Dallas/Fort Worth and the high is going to be 81 (should be good to go). What is your destination airport--it has to be below 85 degrees too.

And my PA said not to forget the Health Certificate from your vet, and an acclimation statement for temperatures between 25 and 85 degrees. Your vet should know what an acclimation statement is.

Be sure and put little signs on the crate with Bonnie's name and where she is going (like Darby had on her crate), just to be safe. (I think my PA is being a busy body--albeit--a caring one.)

Have a safe flight. By the way, you should be getting some pictures of the dog show happenings. (Sigh)Pumpkin and Bailey were little pests, and behaved better than us older dogs, so we got in trouble and they didn't!

Sammy

Sammy said...

Sammy here--

Darbs you need to go to www.purinafarms.com to see where we were this weekend.

Sammy

Francesca said...

That's a very cute photo.