Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Paradise

Many years ago when an adored dog died, a great friend, a bishop, said to me, "You must always remember that, as far as the Bible is concerned, God only threw the humans out of Paradise." -- Unknown


Our dear friends Cindy and Dan are grieving the loss of their 11 year old kitty, Theo.

Those of us who love animals and believe in an afterlife, have a hard time believing that the pets we have loved aren't up there along with our friends and relatives who have passed on before us.

The nuns who taught me all through grade school and high school must have had the patience of Job to deal with, year after year, the question "Are there animals in heaven?"

I remember those very practical, sensible women taking something of the same stand as Rev. Billy Graham when he said: God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there”

P.S.  Theo looked VERY much like my kitty, Harry (below.) They could have been brothers.

 

 

2 comments:

betty said...

sorry the loss of your friends' cat; always sad to read about the loss of a loved family member. I would imagine there are animals in heaven. Why would heaven not have something we have, right?

betty

Amy said...

Theo was a sweetie, who very much resembled Harry. He will surely be missed!!