Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The challenge...and the response

Someone who truly understands dog behavior, like Patricia McConnell whose advice you can read on her blog here,  might disagree with me, but this looks like a challenge to me.

See how Darby is staring straight on at Bonnie:


Here, she is picking up her right front foot, about to take a step forward:


Step taken.  (Notice Bonnie's tail--straight up and still.)


And, while I wasn't quick enough to snap a photo at the exact moment Bonnie responded, this is what followed:


It must be fun; they do it all day long.  Inside and out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Darby and Bonnie, its me Buddy,
Aw-w-w, the art of play. I love it! And you two do it so well.

Luv,
Buddy

betty said...

I think by the pictures you posted that they are indeed challenging each other to that robust play of theirs. It was neat how you were able to capture it like this too!

enjoy the day; its warming up here a bit :)

betty