Thursday, January 21, 2010

Indoor fun

We all of us humans in this family love rain. Maybe because we've lived most/all of our lives in Southern California where we routinely go for nine months without a drop.

It appears that the canine members of the family are no different--the heavy rain and high winds of the last few days have not deterred Darby and Bonnie from their ball obsession.

But, sometimes it is raining just too darn hard and the wind is blowing too darn much to play fetch outdoors. So, what to do with two dogs who need a ball fix?

Play upstairs where there is carpet to keep them from sliding!

At first, I sat at the top of the stairs and threw one ball to the left into Erika's old room for Bonnie and one ball to the right into Glenn's and my room for Darby. After awhile, Bonnie got tired and when I went downstairs to get my camera, she followed me and jumped up on the sofa for a snooze.

Then, Darby had some fun! I threw the ball from inside my bedroom, across the landing into Erika's room. And, I captured some of it on camera--although not very well!


 
 
 

1 comment:

betty said...

cute idea to move the game inside! the rain has been nice but hard on Koda who enjoys his walks

keep safe!

betty