Saturday, May 23, 2009

This is harder than I thought it would be!


This puppy business is definitely harder than I thought it would be.

This is the first time we have had a "house" dog. Our three other dogs all came into the house when we were home--one more than the others. But, all three spent their days in a big yard with a dog house. Housebreaking was never a problem--they were outside most of the time.

When they came in, accidents were very rare even when they were really little pups.

But, that isn't the case so far with The Darbit.

I think our large bathroom where she stays during the day is just too large -- she has no need to "hold it" until the puppy sitter comes in the middle of the day, because she has enough room to get away from "it."

I'm getting a work out cleaning the floor and spraying it with "odor be gone" each day--my bathroom floor has never been cleaner and my knees haven't had such a workout since Lent in grade school at St. John's!

So, I'm off to the pet supply store for "ex pen" panels that I can use to shrink our bathroom a bit and hopefully encourage Darby to act a little more like Erika's Bonnie who never peed in the house even when she was a tiny pup. Of course, when Bonnie was teething, she did dismantle the wooden vanity in the bathroom where she stayed while Erika was in class, but that is another story!

No comments: